Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pretty & Practical : Hand Painted Stool

Who couldn't use an extra seat in their house?


Or an extra plant stand, night stand, side table.....the list goes on and on for what the ever so versatile stool can be used for.

Years ago I purchased 2 stools at Wal-Mart for 9.99 each.  I never used them.

They sat as seating for a well-intentioned but never used breakfast cart.

Needless to say, I have finally found purpose in my stools!

I hand painted them a while back with 1.00 store acrylic paint. 

Now, the stools are used as a night stand and a plant stand.

Nifty, huh?

You will need:
- 1 Stool ( or as many as you want!)
-Cheap paints or markers or pens - the more color the better!



I painted a flower motif on my stools. I never finished one, but I kinda like it as is.  I meant to do a stain over the acrylic paints as a protector, but after 4 years, there is no sign of wear, so I didn't apply it.



















Be creative and paint (or draw) your heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know your ideas for re-purposing household items!
Share your ideas here or ask any question you may have about the posts.

Thanks for taking time to view my blog!