Monday, January 27, 2014

AC Moore :D and other rants

Holy Majoly.

I scored big time at AC Moore. I went in to grab two sponge applicators for under 1.00 but walked out with 3 bags of stuff for 46.50.

This always happens to me.

Allow me to set the scene for you.  It is Saturday afternoon.  I have somewhere to be so I rush like crazy walking to and fro the ends of the store until I finally find the applicators.  The store gets busy with slow shop browsers.   I almost make it to the register ...

*BAM*  I see it. The tall, overflowing shelves of d.i.s.c.o.u.n.t. fabric. Not just any fabric.  Not your cheap, pastel, ugly fabric that no one will use (sorry if I offend all you pastel lovers:/ I'm a color hater...unintentionally). These are off white, navy blue crinkle pattern suedes and lined black and gray wool hemmingbone cut fabrics.

I'm almost late for work and there's a rather irritating line at the register. I wait.  and wait...and tell the cashier to put my stuff on hold because this one stop quick pick-up lady is gonna browse tomorrow for some sexy cuts of fabric (And I did) :) ... Okay, that's not ver batem..but close enough...PS when I retell stories, in my head I'm a loud, vivacious black women, so when you read this make sure you're doing the tone of voice right ;P

I want to live in a fabric mill.  Seriously. I love fabrics. I love textures.  Maybe one day I will resell fabric for a living.  That is a dream come true for me! :)

I also got lots of fabric quarters for a buck a piece.  I did this around Christmas, too.  I swear, one day I will make napkins with these quarters.  I have to.  I don't have another use for them.  As soon as I can control my sewing machine I'm gonna be napkin makin' happy! Woot Woot!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know your ideas for re-purposing household items!
Share your ideas here or ask any question you may have about the posts.

Thanks for taking time to view my blog!