Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Cookie Sheet as a Snow Shovel

Connecticut is being pummeled with snow and I am loving every minute!

Well, every minute except those few I have to dig my car out before the snow plow comes...without a shovel...

 I am just one of those people who refuses to buy a snow shovel while living in an apartment. I don't want to keep a snow shovel in my basement, car, hallway, or closet. I just won't do it until I get a house.  The perfect solution?  A cookie sheet, baking pan, or serving tray.  I swear by this.  

Last year, I dug my car out of three feet of snow with a cookie tray.  It gets around the wheels and can dig a car out in a jiffy.  Yes, there is more bending required, but for me, it is much easier than a shovel!  Shovels become very heavy when packed with snow and are hard to lift.  I like the cookie sheet because it gives me more control over the weight I use to move the snow.  This morning I cleared a pathway, cleared the porch, and cleared two cars in an hour. I think that's pretty good for eight inches deep.  

Also, it makes sliding the snow off the top of the car much easier.

I wonder what my neighbors think of me . . .


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know your ideas for re-purposing household items!
Share your ideas here or ask any question you may have about the posts.

Thanks for taking time to view my blog!